Wedding cake cookie favors are one of the most budget-friendly and practical options couple can find nowadays. They not really that difficult to make plus it can put your creative juices to work when it comes to its decorations. You can choose to match the design theme and color combination with the wedding theme. However, decoration may take more of your preparation time so better call on a few girlfriends to lend you a hand.
Things you will need:
Cake shaped cookie cutter (three-tiered)
Wire rack for cooling
Baking / cookie sheet
Cookie liner sheet
Store-bought sugar cookie dough or home-made sugar cookie dough
Flour (enough to cover a flattened dough)
4 cups confectioners sugar
3 tbsp meringue powder
tsp vanilla extract
cup warm water
Food coloring (according to your wedding colors)
Molded sugar decorations (such as rosettes or mini hearts)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle flour on a flattened surface. Roll out the sugar cookie dough to inch thick using a rolling pin. Cut the dough using the cookie cutter.
3. Place in a cookie / baking sheet lined with cookie liner sheet.
4. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies turn golden brown around the edges.
5. Remove from oven and let it sit for 2 minutes before transferring cookies to the wire cooling rack.
6. To make the royal icing: Combine 4 cups of confectioners sugar, 3 tbsp meringue powder, tsp vanilla extract and cup warm water in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly using an electric mixer. Put a few drops of coloring to tint the icing (for the base). Go for a white-colored base or a light pastel color base.
7. Top each cookie with royal icing and spread with a spatula. While the icing is still wet, put some sugar pearls as accent. As soon as the icing hardens, the sugar pearls will set into place.
8. You may put some colored rosettes or mini hearts as accents.
9. Put in transparent plastic cellophane and tie with a ribbon (that matches with your wedding motif).
Want to save time? Buy Premade Wedding Cake Cookie Favors at Beau-Coup